Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Certified Refurbished C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router - Internet Not Working

sattanathana
Aspirant

NETGEAR Certified Refurbished C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router - Internet Not Working

Spoiler

I got refurbuished NETGEAR Modem Router from Amazon, seller is Netgear Only.

So far I tired with 3 routers  from amazon and one from fry electronics. All the routers giving me the same problem.

Issue: the internet light is flashing, not SOLID

I am 100% sure it is not because the model, because if I a getting the same model as a brand new one, I am able to connect it. Whenever  I am trying to register a refurbuished modem I am facing this problem.

Last time I contacted the Netegear Support via Phone, but they said it is the internet provider issue after troubleshooting. But it is not the internet provider issue, since the internet is working fine for new modems(same model as the refurbuised one) with the same coa cable.

Please advise on this.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Certified Refurbished C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router - Internet Not Workin

> [...] But it is not the internet provider issue, since the internet is
> working fine for new modems(same model as the refurbuised one) with the
> same coa cable.

I'm not a cable-modem expert, but your (unspecified) cable ISP may
require you to register the MAC address of your modem.  Replace a
working modem with a perfectly good new modem, and you may not be
allowed to connect, because your MAC address has changed.

> [...] they said it is the internet provider issue [...]

They could be right.  Have you asked your ISP?  (Or were you "100%
sure" that it wouldn't help?)

You might try setting the MAC address of the replacement modem to
match that of the old/working modem.

Message 2 of 4
sattanathana
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Certified Refurbished C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router - Internet Not Workin

Whenever I am trying to connect with the refurbuised modem, I am trying To Connect the internet only after registering the respective MAC with th internet provider, but still it doesn’t works for all the 3 refurbuised modem that I tired so far. Please advise
Message 3 of 4
gadolly
Aspirant

What serial number you are using ? You have to grab the serial number from the firmware for the refurbished modem as it's not the default serial number associated with the mac address.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7