Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR - Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Connection issues

Saxman87
Follower

NETGEAR - Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Connection issues

I’ve owned a NetGear Nighthawk CAX-30 Modem/Router for 6 months. It’s been pretty much trouble-free during this time with only the occasional need to reboot because of video call freezing. Recently, I began to experience more significant problems with both wired (Smart TV) and wireless (iPad, iPhone) devices losing internet connection or having very long response times even after rebooting the modem/router. 

At this point, this will be my 4th return of this same Router, luckily I have a backup Router with the same config,  at one point I thought it might be a power surge, but I have a UPS on it so this can't be the issue, it seems to happen every six months or so

I have ring cameras and smart hubs. the cameras are via wifi, and the Ring Alarm base station and smart hubs are ethernets to the back of the Router, my Ring Alarm base station and hubs have lost connection, and other wifi devices are spotty, after several reboots, some of the ethernet devices, are connecting but intermittent, this is really weird because I have at least 3 Network switches in 3 rooms that are connected to the back of the Router and they are back up, but not the hub, and Ring Alarm base station, connected to the back of the Router also.

My backup Netgear Router is in place and all is normal, but this will suffer the same fate in six months, have a new Router replacement on the way.

Message 1 of 3
R3colocho
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR - Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Connection issues

Any response from Netgear on this issue? Could it be too many devices connected to the router both hardwire and wifi? I have the same issue, the router stops working after I connect all my ring cameras, TVs, baby monitor, and smart locks.
Message 2 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NETGEAR - Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Connection issues

Hi R3colocho,

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the modem. Did you try contacting our Support team over the phone? The Support phone number is 1-888-638-4327. How many devices are wired to CAX30?

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7