Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need firmware for netgear CM1000 cable modem

Chubbysumo
Follower

Need firmware for netgear CM1000 cable modem

Since my ISP does not officially support the Cm1000(spectrum), and it has not exited "testing" yet, even though it has been months there, I need an updated firmware to install myself, as it is unlikely my ISP will issue updates to it, since its a customer owned modem.  

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: Need firmware for netgear CM1000 cable modem

AFAIK, DOCSIS cable modems are not user upgradeable. And it's usually less about the firmware and more about the DOCSIS configuration parameters. These are set by the ISP, which means you are stuck waiting on them.
Message 2 of 4
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Spectrum (aka Charter) never accepted CM1000 for their certification testing. They have given numerous excuses over last 12+ months (their network is not ready, their network does not support D3.1, they dont want to have any D3.1 capable devices operating in D3.0 on their network,etc etc). NTGR was never able to certify any DOCSIS 3.1 with Spectrum.

to date, we have not seen any retail D3.1 device certified by Spectrum. (NTGR or any other OEM vendors)

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/compliant-modems-charter-network/

It may change in near future,  but no one knows. 

so the modem was "never there" in their lab. 

there is no customer update option for the modems. Your best bet is to take it to a friends house with Comcast and just plug it in and let it upgrade automatically with walled-garden config file. 

Message 3 of 4
jdoering
Aspirant

wall-garden config file from Comcast will provision and work fine with other providers who won't update the firmware? And Comcast latest firmware for CM1000 is also fine in that situation? Assuming of course that provider *will* provision the modem.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7