Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help deciding between a few options

mprosco91
Aspirant

Need help deciding between a few options

Hello everyone,

I live in CT and right now have Frontier for internet. Their fastest plan is still going to be too slow for my needs starting next month. So I will be switching to Comcast aka Xfinity and will be using their 200Mbps plan. Please keep in mind I would like to "future proof" my set up as best I can. So here's what I need help choosing between:

I currently have(but not using) a WNDR4500.

Should I go with:

CM1000 and my current WNDR4500

or

C7000

or

CM1000 and Nighthawk R9000

Last time I used my WNDR4500 I had Comcast service so I know it works with it. Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. If the majority rules for the 3rd option, I'll have to go with option 1 and save up for the R9000. Or wait for black friday lol. Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Need help deciding between a few options

Hello mprosco91

If the current router is working for everything you need I would suggest getting just the modem.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
mprosco91
Aspirant

Thanks DarrenM. I'll have to plug it in and make sure everything is working accordingly. Like I said, I haven't used it in a few years.
Message 3 of 4
pcdoctorw
Aspirant

If you want to have more speed throughtout your house, get CM1000 and Nighthawk R9000. The router is 3 bands and will cover at least 1,500 square feet providing you with a stronger signal.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7