Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help updating firware on N450 cabel modem roouter

RHoy
Aspirant

Need help updating firware on N450 cabel modem roouter

Spoiler

Anyone know how I can get help updating firmware on a Netgear cable modem router? I recived an email saying an update was needed a while back, but the links have expired, and tried updating it myself logging in to admin on routerlogin.net, but had no advanced options for settings and finally got to the point where it said I would need to contact my ISP to verify what version of firmware I have and to do updates.  Contacted ISP Spectrum and they said they do not do any firmware updates since it is not their modem. We’ve had the modem for about 3 years so no support available from Netgear. Help!

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Cable modems and combo devices get updated from the ISP. You're unable to manually do an update.  Its all ISP directed. They push the firmware to your device with their provisioning. 

Message 2 of 7
RHoy
Aspirant

Thank you. I wonder how to go about this as the ISP, Spectrum, was not willing to assist. 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

what firmware is it on?

Whenever spectrum provisions your router, it should have "their" most up to date firmware. Firmware is part of the provisioning. 

Message 4 of 7
RHoy
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I’m not sure how to find out what version it’s on.....

Message 5 of 7
RHoy
Aspirant

Found it-

V3.01.17

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

From what i've found, you're likely on the current firmware. It looks like those combo devices were sold to ISP's and got into the retail channel somehow. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24324/No-NETGEAR-support-for-the-CG3000D

This article applies to the v2 as well. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7