Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need to Disable IPv6

GregLumpkin
Initiate

Need to Disable IPv6

I've changed the DNS settings on my router from Xfinity to OpenDNS servers, because I'd like to use their filtering for my kids safety.

When I go to my OpenDNS administration page, I see traffic, and I can get reports, but when I use their test page to verify that I've set up my router for their service, it fails and states that it isn't. None of their test sites are blocked.

I'm working with OpenDNS support on this issue, and the technician says that it is because my router is getting IPv6 settings from Xfinity, and I need to disable that.

I can see nowhere in my router's settings to do this. Does anyone know how? Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
GregLumpkin
Initiate

Re: Need to Disable IPv6

OK, I figured out what the problem was, and disabling IPv6 was NOT the solution.

It appears that, with my model router, I had to use my Android app to enable Parental Controls. When I did that, it took me to a Netgear-centric OpenDNS page and asked for my OpenDNS credentials. I logged in, set my level of filtering, and bingo, it works.

All the OpenDNS test links work, and I am good to go.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
GregLumpkin
Initiate

Re: Need to Disable IPv6

OK, I figured out what the problem was, and disabling IPv6 was NOT the solution.

It appears that, with my model router, I had to use my Android app to enable Parental Controls. When I did that, it took me to a Netgear-centric OpenDNS page and asked for my OpenDNS credentials. I logged in, set my level of filtering, and bingo, it works.

All the OpenDNS test links work, and I am good to go.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7