Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear C6300 DoS Attack - Solution?

bpejman
Aspirant

NetGear C6300 DoS Attack - Solution?

I have read a lot of posts about this on the web and on this forum but have not found a solution.  My router, NetGear C6300, drops internet connection on and off.  I called my ISP, Xfinity, and they assured me that internet is available and nothing was pushed from their end.  I even had a technician come out and examine my line.  I read the logs on the router and I'm getting a lot of DoS attacks before the router goes offline.  I work from home and this is causing a lot of headache for me.

What can I do to prevent this?  The NetGear settings are all from the factory and nothing has been enabled, such as Port Forwarding, etc.  Any guidance would be great.  I'm on firmware V3.01.12 if it matters.

Thanks.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NetGear C6300 DoS Attack - Solution?

What IP addresses are these attacks using? 

Have your ISP change the WAN IP address give to the modem from the ISP. 

If you turn OFF The modem and leave it over night and turn back on the morning, does same thing still happen? 

Message 2 of 4
bpejman
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I see the attacks hitting my external IP address and they're coming from University of Columbia, University of Colorado and various random places.  I called my ISP (Xfinity) and they told me they cannot change my IP address nor block these DoS attacks.

I haven't tried powering my modem off at night though.  I will try that tonight.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try that. 

Well the logs are reporting only that there is something happening and the modems is blocking them. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7