Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C6220 router has slow speeds

RyanMinor121
Follower

Netgear C6220 router has slow speeds

It seems that lately, the speeds I am able to get through my Netgear C6220 router have been relatively slow (30mbps). When I reboot the router the router, I don't see any increase in speeds however when I factory reset the router, I get my full ISP speed (150mbps). After a few minutes the speed goes back down to around 30mbps.

Do you know what may be causing this? I've been able to duplicate this pretty consistently. If I can't get this to work the way it should, I'm considering getting rid of the router.

Thanks!
Ryan
Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear C6220 router has slow speeds

You're posting in the wrong forum for this device. Here's the correct one.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

When you redo this in the correct forum (as there's better help there) try to include these details.

Who's your isp?

How are you testing speeds? Aka device used, wifi/ethernet, website used

Its always recommended for speedtesting to be done over a hardwired connection as wireless can have a multitude of other issues. 

A screen shot of your connections page (upload and download) and your logs. These help figure out if your connection coming into the house is good.

make sure to remove any splitters, amplifiers, elbows, and to check your cables for poor connections, bends, water damage. Poor signal can impact speeds greatly and these are some of the most common reasons for poor signal. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7