Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear C6300 Power light solid, Downstream light blinking and all other lights are off

BlueIron15
Aspirant

Netgear C6300 Power light solid, Downstream light blinking and all other lights are off

I just ran into this problem and contacted Xfinity and they are sending out a technician.
I am trying to understand if this is a problem with the modem or if it is a problem on xfinity's end.
The coax cable is connected via a splitter to the modem. The power light is solid green and the downstream light is blinking and the rest of the lights are off.
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear C6300 Power light solid, Downstream light blinking and all other lights are off

Remove the splitter. Direct connec the modem to where the coax is entering the home. 

When the C6300 boots up, it connects downstream first. If it can't lock in at least 1 channel, its going to continue to search and not advance to locking in the upstream channels. 

Message 2 of 4
BlueIron15
Aspirant

The modem unable to lock in the downstream, is it a problem with the modem or with Xfinity?

I also tried what you suggested with no change happening.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@BlueIron15 wrote:
The modem unable to lock in the downstream, is it a problem with the modem or with Xfinity?

To little information to tell. 

You can log into the C6300 and get a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs. 

That can help. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7