Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C6300 Upstream Green Light Flash, Inconsistent Connectivity

iwillems19
Follower

Netgear C6300 Upstream Green Light Flash, Inconsistent Connectivity

Hello,

I have been using this Netgear C6300 Modem/Router for a couple of years now with very good results. Recently, however, I've been experiencing a very persistent issue where seemingly at random times my wireless internet connection will cut out, and the green upstream light on the modem/router will continually flash (in some cases it will turn amber, but this is rare). While this is going on, there is obvious connectivity interruption; devices won't load, streaming services fidelity drops and usually errors out completely, etc. 

Waiting a few minutes and reloading occasionally works, and the green light will stabilize, but usually after another brief period it will reoccur and drop the connection again. In the times where it won't start back up, I am forced to do a full reboot of the modem/router in order to restore my internet. 

I had a Comcast (my ISP) technician out just yesterday who checked everything from the lines leading to our house, to the connections within my home, even going as far as to replace older cables, etc. with newer connections. He went over the signal strength with me, and it was pretty clear that this wasn't an issue with my ISP delivering my service. That became even more obvious after he left and the same night the problem occurred again, making it nearly impossible to watch a single Netflix show without having to constantly stop and start the show back up (very obnoxious). 

I appear to be on the latest firmware pushed out from Comcast for the modem/router (V2.01.26) and the rest of my settings haven't been altered since I originally set it up. Not sure why this is happening, but after exploring all avenues, checking here is my last hope before I feel I have to recycle this PoS and spend another couple hundred dollars on another modem/router which would really be a less than ideal solution. 

I am happy to provide more information as requested if a solution can be found.

Thank you in advance.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear C6300 Upstream Green Light Flash, Inconsistent Connectivity

If the US is flashing AFTER ONLINE LED is SOLID GREEN, then you US is in partial-service state. If it goes AMBER, then it is in un-bonded state.

what this means is that your line has intermittent noise issue which does not show up all the time but happens randomly (either when there is lot of traffic, weather changes, noise created by external sources, etc, etc). 

typically if the noise is not present when the technician comes to visit, I have found best way to convince them is to show problem on their own leased device (which unfortunately means lease fee) and show the logs to them. It does not guarantee that it will fix but something to try if other means dont work. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7