Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C7000v1 &v2 Drops wifi randomly?

DaDelvi
Aspirant

Netgear C7000v1 &v2 Drops wifi randomly?

So my wifi signal just drops and all my devices go offline. the leds are all lit and the routers SSID still shows up and when you try to connect to it it just says incorrect password. Once i unplug it and plug it back in wifi works for a random limited time and drops off again. This started with the C7000v1 that ive had for 2.5 years and I just bought C7000v2 thinking it was a hardware issue but still the same issue persists. I called xfinity and they say theres no outage in the area and I got a guy coming out to look at the line. Ive researched several topics with no "solved" issue. I dont understand and im running out of ideas and patience as my area is horrible cell signal and you cant do anything. Also Xfinity is the only people in the area otherwise I wouldve left. Did we ever figure out what the issue was? and Firmware v is up to date V1.02.13

Note: my Apple time capsule in the past has a green light but when it loses wifi it blinks and amber color. When signal drops its still green which only thing i read is because its hardwired into the router. so i plugged the ps4 hardwired into the router and it wont connect no matter what. I thought maybe it was a signal problem but anything hardwired would work.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
DaDelvi
Aspirant

Re: Netgear C7000v1 &v2 Drops wifi randomly?

EDIT: it was the NEST CONNECT all along that kills the WiFi when being paired to the network. SOLVED
Message 2 of 8
golfholiday
Aspirant

Once you discovered that Nest connect was the problem what did you do to solve the problem?

Message 3 of 8
DaDelvi
Aspirant

I returned the nest. They know it’s an issue until they can find a fix. This has been going on for them since December. It’s almost March. I can’t wait that long. Although this doesn’t affect everyone with a nest connect.
Message 4 of 8
golfholiday
Aspirant

i was having the same problem with my new Nighthawk AC1900 and called Netgear support.  after numerous attempts to fix they ended up sending a replacement.  In the meantime while waiting on the replacement I did some more searches online and found a potential fix.  It worked.  Just to complete the experiment as soon as the replacement AC1900 arrived, I set it up and connected up the Nest products (Nest connect and a thermostat) less than 24 hours later the new modem/router was having the same problems.  I then tried the fix and for the past four days I have not had any problems.

the fix is to turn on the guest network and connect the nest products.  All your other gear is connected to the regular secure networks.

Message 5 of 8
DaDelvi
Aspirant

Yeah the best attempt as a workaround is to set up via a hotspot (guest network) and not your router then once it’s connected, if you go into your nest settings and reconfigure the network to your router it should work. But I don’t have time for that I have too many devices on the network I can’t let down.
Message 6 of 8
TJ_Mason
Aspirant

I'm getting this on my Event viewer.   Any ideas what these mean?Admin Event Log.gif

Message 7 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7