Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C7800 original firmware

adubkov
Aspirant

Netgear C7800 original firmware

Hi,

I'm looking for original firmware for C7800 Nighthawk X4S. There were vulnerability detected which my modem potentially could be affected. It does not boot with kernel panic when trying to load some module. I tried to boot with both flash0.kernel0 and kernel1, with same results, means both of them could be correpted. The only way to fix it is to upload original firmware and let comcast update it, but I can not download original firmware from netgear web side because it says that IPS will take care of firmware update. 

I'm not asking about firmware update. But can any of netgear employees share original firmware?

Thank you.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear C7800 original firmware

Something to ask the ISP about to see if they have the 1st version of FW to push to the modem. Again, ISPs control ALL FW updates to users cable modems or gateway modems.

Message 2 of 6
adubkov
Aspirant

It comes with firmware from the store so, there must be original firware available. Also IPS are not very collabarative to share anything.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

ISPs have there own policies regarding FW. Come the DOCSIS spec. ISPs control the FW upates on cable modems. Something to talk to your ISP about. 

Message 4 of 6
adubkov
Aspirant

When you buyng modem from the store, it comes with firmware installed. Provider has nothing to do with original firmware. It comes from manufature like that.

Looks like you have C7800, can you dump the kernel1 partition from your?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Mine would not have original FW. I got mine from NG and was upgraded soon after going on line with my ISP. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7