Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C7800v2

aj5lawrence
Follower

Netgear C7800v2

I bought my Netgear C7800 router in August to get more coverage than the last one. Every couple of weeks, the router will reset to its default factory settings, which resets the router name and password. All my devices get disconnected, and being away from home a lot adds to the frustration when I can't check up on my house. I have to physically plug a laptop into the router, go into router settings and change the network names/passwords in order to get it working again. 

At first I thought it could be due to power surges affecting it and making it reset, but I connected it to an Uninterrupted Power Supply about 2 months ago, and it still resets every now and then.

Very frustrating to have an expensive router like this not work. Is there any way to fix this? I should at least be able to get a free replacement or upgrade after doing all this work for the past 4 months.

Thanks.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear C7800v2

do you have a screen snip of your cable connections and your logs? 

Your isp can send reset signals as well as coax power issues can cause resets. 

remove any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators from the line. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear C7800v2

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Are you in the return period time frame by chance? 

Is the modem under NG warranty? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7