Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CM1200 Modem (Question)

Nuklear92
Aspirant

Netgear CM1200 Modem (Question)

Quick question, when the downstream light is blinking I read that it means it’s scanning for new channels. However, it’s been more than 24hs already that the Modem started blinking the light for Downstream. Will it stop blinking automatically or I need to manually reboot the modem?

Internet is working normally, just the light that’s blinking.

Could anyone with knowledge of this matter let me know why the scanning take this long or if that could be a sign of issue that I should call my ISP to let them know about it? 🤔

Thanks in advance.
Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear CM1200 Modem (Question)

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

@Nuklear92 wrote:
By the way, I rebooted the Modem through there and the downstream light stopped blinking. However, I know it might do it again in the future. I just want to know if always have to manually reboot the router when that happens or if the light stops blinking automatically even though it was already 72hrs after it started blinking. 🤷‍♂️

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Do you have a screen snip of your modems connections page and logs? That helps 

Message 2 of 11
Nuklear92
Aspirant

Where do I find that?
Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

when you first log into the cm1200, its the internet connection icon. 

Message 4 of 11
Nuklear92
Aspirant

There you go, it’s all purely default. Should I enable or change anything within here?
Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

I don't see anything posted
Message 6 of 11
Nuklear92
Aspirant

Message 7 of 11
Nuklear92
Aspirant

By the way, I rebooted the Modem through there and the downstream light stopped blinking. However, I know it might do it again in the future. I just want to know if always have to manually reboot the router when that happens or if the light stops blinking automatically even though it was already 72hrs after it started blinking. 🤷‍♂️
Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

@Nuklear92 wrote:

Message 9 of 11
Hello1981
Aspirant

What cable internet service do you guys have? I called spectrum here in California and they told me that I can’t use my own modem if Iam on gig speed.. I have always used my own cable modems. But I was surprised to hear that, she stated that gig service requires their modem ?
Message 10 of 11
plemans
Guru

The only non-spectrum approved modem for gig service I can see is the CAX80 but its not released yet. 

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/compliant-modems-charter-network/

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7