Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CM400 Cable Modem

llhartter01
Follower

Netgear CM400 Cable Modem

Suddenly today my Xfinity internet became extremely limited. I can only access a limited number of websites. For example, Google works, but Amazon, Bestbuy, CNN, and Yahoo do not connect. These are just examples of what works and what do not. The Comcast folks ran some tests and say my signal from them checks out. They suggest my modem may need replacement either due to newer signal technology or possible security restrictions that my modem is reacting or unresponsive to. Have others had similar problems, and is modem upgrade the likely solution? My CM400 is connected to a Belkin N750 DB router. Both units are capable for my level of useage of Xfinity Blast, which includes 1 PC, 2 IPads, 2 IPhones, a wireless printer, and 2 Amazon Alexa devices, but admittedly should probably be aged out in favor of newer equipment.
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear CM400 Cable Modem

A couple questions.

1. Do you have a screen snip of your modem connections page? it shows us your connection to xfinity. Techs are great at saying the signals fine when it isn't.

2. What speeds are you paying for? I think the cm400 is only rated for 100mbps service through xfinity

3. What speeds do you get if you do a speedtest?

4. Have you disconnected the router from the modem and directly connected a computer to the modem? many times issues like this are from the router. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7