Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CM600 Reboot/Dropped Connection

Netgear CM600 Reboot/Dropped Connection

I have a Netgear CM600 that is 3 months old but lately my internet connection randomly between every 2 days to a week goes out where I have no connection on wired or wireless. When this happens the lights on the modem and router all look normal but within 5 mins after I lose connection my modem reboots itself. I know it's not the router as I already tried a week without it. 

From what I seen my signals seem within spec, with downstream power around -1 to -2, and SNR around 37 to 41, while upstream power 48 to 49. I have checked multiple times a week and it never seems to go outside these ranges. However i'm seeing lots of error logs which could indicate something wrong.  There is no spitter on the cable line that feeds from the pole directly to my modem and I checked that the connection isn't lose or damaged. Could this be a failing modem or a pole issue? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I attached a picture of the kind of logs i'm seeing alot of.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear CM600 Reboot/Dropped Connection

do you have a screen snip of the modem's connection page as well? not just the logs?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear CM600 Reboot/Dropped Connection

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem.

@Ghostdragon87 wrote:

I have a Netgear CM600 that is 3 months old but lately my internet connection randomly between every 2 days to a week goes out where I have no connection on wired or wireless. When this happens the lights on the modem and router all look normal but within 5 mins after I lose connection my modem reboots itself. I know it's not the router as I already tried a week without it. 

From what I seen my signals seem within spec, with downstream power around -1 to -2, and SNR around 37 to 41, while upstream power 48 to 49. I have checked multiple times a week and it never seems to go outside these ranges. However i'm seeing lots of error logs which could indicate something wrong.  There is no spitter on the cable line that feeds from the pole directly to my modem and I checked that the connection isn't lose or damaged. Could this be a failing modem or a pole issue? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I attached a picture of the kind of logs i'm seeing alot of.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7