Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CM600 Requiring Frequent Reboot

DavidInWebb
Follower

Netgear CM600 Requiring Frequent Reboot

Several months ago I had some type of electrical issue (lightening, power surge, whatever).  I lost internet accesss.  With the help of the Geek Squad it was pretty much determined that my Netgear router (AC1750) was the culprit.  I replaced it with the same router and internet access was restored.  However, over time I experienced connectivity issues - couldn't printer to our wireless printer, couldn't get to websites, "not connected to the internet" issues, etc.  I would reset/reboot the modem and router and everything went back to working.  There are times that I'm doing this every .week.

Because I purchased this equipment my ISP (Sparklight) isn't really able to help me troubleshoot the issue and suggested I get ahold of Netgear.  My modem's firmware seems to be up-to-date (V1.01.21).  The event log on the modem has multiple entries that seem to indicate problems.  They include such things as "DHCP RENEW WARNING" . . ., "Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging", "MDD message timeout",  "TLV-11 - unrecognized OID" and "Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type". 

The "easy" answer is to just buy a new modem, but I'd like to not spend money unless it's really necessary.

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear CM600 Requiring Frequent Reboot

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7