Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Cm1000 not compatible with Mediacom 1Gig internet

mazenarawi
Aspirant

Netgear Cm1000 not compatible with Mediacom 1Gig internet

I have upgraded my Mediacom Internet connection to 1 gig speed and based on their website http://mediacomcc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29/~/customer-owned-compatible-modems for the compatible modems I choose to get my own which is Netgear CM1000. However i end up with half the speed, it looks like it's not compatible since Mediacom support 32x and the modem is just showing 16X. I had Mediacom over to check the connection, and its working fine we have tested another modem ( their Modem ) and the speed went up. 

Have you seen this issue before any solution ? 

Message 1 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear Cm1000 not compatible with Mediacom 1Gig internet

Please post DOCSIS Connection table and DOCSIS event logs with both modems. Please post 4 screenshots (2 from each modem). 

what is the mediacom modem model#.?

Message 2 of 13
mazenarawi
Aspirant

thanks for your reply.

i don't have the Mediacom details since they have just used their own and it was the extreme brand one. 

attached the connection table and the log from the Netgear CM1000Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 12.57.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-26 at 12.57.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-26 at 12.57.53 PM.png

Message 3 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

your Downstream power levels are low. Several channels go below -7dBmv. 

there are lot of t3 and T4 timeouts which will cause disconnections to you.

there seems to be only 16 D3.0 SC-QAM channels. This is bit wierd since for D3.1 deployments, we would expect them to put 24 or 32 QAM channels.

Both of the above are most likely wiring or street node issue.

It does explain speed difference though. Are you 100% sure they provisioned with correct config file? Call the support center and ask them to reprovision with 1Gig Cable Modem config file (aka boot file).

Message 4 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

typo -> It does not explain speed difference though.

Message 5 of 13
mazenarawi
Aspirant

The problem is Mediacom is not giving details they say everything working from their side . and when I tell them about the modem, they say this is Netgear issue we cant do anything from their side.

this is frustrating  

Message 6 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Is it possible for you to get Mediacom mdoem and check the connection over period of few days?

Message 7 of 13
mazenarawi
Aspirant

I'm not sure I will check with them. but even if we have checked Mediacom modem still we cant change anything since  Netgear CM1000 does not offer any configuration 

Message 8 of 13
Sarge91
Aspirant

Any updates? Im having same issues. 1g service and Only getting 5-600m down 2-5m up. I have the cm1000-1aznas but am reading and thinking of getting the normal cm1000. Mediacom has sent provisions line checks, taps, diods etc. They have no firmware update and im on v3.01.04. The rental modem i got 980m down and 50 up (almost perfect) 

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 9 of 13
shawnbeard99
Aspirant

Im having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Message 10 of 13
mazenarawi
Aspirant

sorry guys nobody managed to provide a solution nither mediacom or Netgear. 

i had to go with mediacom certified

@shawnbeard99 wrote:

Im having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

modem 

Message 11 of 13
shawnbeard99
Aspirant

The CM1000 is mediacom certified.  I have a tech coming out tomorrow for the second time. I think you are right. They are not sending the DOCSIS 3.1 config to the modem. I see the 16 DOCSIS 3.0 channels active in the admin console of the modem. 

http://mediacomcc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5071/kw/mediacom%20supported%20modems

Message 12 of 13
shawnbeard99
Aspirant

Part of me thinks that since its not one of thier modems. They dont provision the modem correctly. Ive had this modem for just over a year with teh 200mb service. I just recently upgraded to 1 gb. So I think they just upgraded my service, but didnt re-provision my modem.  Im going to talk to support tonight to see if they can remove and re-add and provision the modem correctly. 

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7