Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie C6300

jespy9591
Follower

Netgear Genie C6300

Reviewing my connected devices and the dashboard shows 11 devices are connected.  When I go into the page to find the list of devices I'm only showing 10.  Does this imply that I have an intruder on my network?

Also, how many devices should I comfortably add to this device.  Wondering if I should make a switch to the Orbi?

Thanks for the help.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0,A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Genie C6300

I would put more belief on what you see with the modems web page rather then the app. Genie is becoming out dated and I bielieve NG is headed towards not supporting it much anymore. Genie isn't supported on Orbi as Orib has it's own mobile app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

If you are trying to find out, turn OFF all devices accept for 1 wired PC connected to the modems web page. You should only see the 1 Pc online. If you see something else, then you'll need to find this device. Change the PW on the SSID name temporarily to see if this makes a wireless device disappear from the list. For any wired devices, unplug all LAN cables from the back of the modem accept for your 1 wired PC. Should only be 1 device seen here. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7