Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk C7100V cable Modem router

ImSarita
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk C7100V cable Modem router

Every other icon except Phone 1 and Phone 2 are lit.
Contacted Xfinity (ISP to no avail). Xfinity transferred call to Netgear Support Netgear Support had tried to get me logged onto 192.168.0.1. Then the call dropped.
Can this problem be fixed or should I buy a new product?
Any recommendations?
Thank you.
Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk C7100V cable Modem router

Any progress on this? 

@ImSarita wrote:
Contacted Xfinity (ISP to no avail). Xfinity transferred call to Netgear Support Netgear Support had tried to get me logged onto 192.168.0.1. Then the call dropped.
Any recommendations?
Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Sounds likes xfinity is trying to play "pass the buck". 

You can log into the c7100v and view its voice status and view the event logs but if the provisioning/controls come from xfinity. 

Starting page 67 in the manual you can see how to do what the rep was going over. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/C7100V.aspx

If you want to take a screen snip of the voice status and voice event logs, I can look. I'm better at straight modems than I am ones with voice but it doesn't hurt. 

Message 2 of 6
Kitsap
Master

Yes, you can log in to the router to obtain status and other information.  See attached snip from the user manual.

Under the advanced tab you will find both a Modem status page and a Voice status page. 

There is a good chance your voice service is not activated.  That would require help from your ISP.  There is a group of help support from Comcast that specializes in activating user owned modems.  You may have to be presistent and try more than once.

Model: C7100V-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@ImSarita wrote:
Any recommendations?
Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
ImSarita
Aspirant

Hi
I was just about to post that the issue has been resolved.
An Xfinity tech came out. He, along with an in-office agent, figured out the provisioning was not done. The in-office tech had to "rebuild the home phone number" into the new modem. After a restart of the modem, the phone lines are operable.
Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7