Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC3200 Wifi Cable Modem (C7800)

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC3200 Wifi Cable Modem (C7800)

Hello,

I have recently had firmware V3.01.38 pushed to my gateway from COX in Henderson, NV. I no longer can view the Wireless Settings under the ADVANCED tab. Never experienced this with V3.01.36. I am wondering if COX disabled this page in Genie or it is a glitch with the newest firmware. The odd thing is, if I do a factory reset, the page loads fine still showing V3.01.38 until I reboot...then the page will not longer show. Everything else is just fine so again, I am assuming my ISP (COX) has disabled it. Why would they remove access to this? Also, is there anyway to revert back to V3.01.36 firmware or will COX just keep pushing it to my modem?

Please advise as I am puzzled and frustrated. Thank you
Message 1 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Did some more digging, turns out that if you un-tick Enable SSID Broadcast on both 2.4 & 5ghz under basic/ wireless the advanced setup/ wireless settings page will not load, enable just one of the SSID Broadcast and it works.

Most definitely a BUG in V3.01.38 as this behavior did not exist prior.
Message 2 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Bump, can anyone from Netgear confirm?
Message 3 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Not much help in this community, a bit surprised by the lack of "support" here....was hoping I could get some answers. Disappointing.
Message 4 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello KMDonlon

Can you send me a PM with your name, Email, and phone number our L2 support wants to trouble shoot this issue with you.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sent PM and crickets so far......
Message 6 of 13
southwes
Aspirant

@Retired_Memberwrote:
Hello,

I have recently had firmware V3.01.38 pushed to my gateway from COX in Henderson, NV. I no longer can view the Wireless Settings under the ADVANCED tab. Never experienced this with V3.01.36. I am wondering if COX disabled this page in Genie or it is a glitch with the newest firmware. The odd thing is, if I do a factory reset, the page loads fine still showing V3.01.38 until I reboot...then the page will not longer show. Everything else is just fine so again, I am assuming my ISP (COX) has disabled it. Why would they remove access to this? Also, is there anyway to revert back to V3.01.36 firmware or will COX just keep pushing it to my modem?

Please advise as I am puzzled and frustrated. Thank you

I have the same issue. I also have problems with NAT using a T-Mobile 4GLTE cell spot. I cannot get my cellspot to work without turning off and on the wireless on device. My Cell spot works perfect with my old netgear router which is a r6700. I wish netgear would get firmware right. This has been a problem since beta testing device. I worked with an engineer for a while and they quit taking to me because they could not find issue.

Message 7 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Well judging by the lack of communication from any Netgear support folks this will remain largely unresolved.
Message 8 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@Retired_Member

Please PM me.

Message 9 of 13
KMDonlon
Luminary

Bug has been acknowledged and repair will come in next firmware update along with other fixes.
Finally received supports assistance via email.
Message 10 of 13
southwes
Aspirant

I could not login to site that is why there was no reply. Site for some reason not working with edge or internet explorer to login. Only Chrome. I hope that they are fixing the Nat issues as well so I can put device back into Nat mode to work with my t-mobile 4glte personal cell spot.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 11 of 13
southwes
Aspirant

Any update on new firmware for device. It is a expensive paper weight as far as I am concerned. It was release to public before it was ready. I help on your beta team but your engineers threw their hands up and stopped working on it.

Message 12 of 13
KMDonlon
Luminary

We are into August now, does anyone here from Netgear support know if any firmware greater than V3.01.38 has been released to any ISP's? There are lots of BUGS that hopefully were fixed. Thank you.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7