Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Model R8000

StanNiekras
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Model R8000

I am having the following difficulty.

I am using Google Chrome and Norton products.

I connect to a web site and then have to click the refresh icon at least one or more times to get the entire page to load.

I believe I am at the current firmware level or so Genie says.

When I initially go to a web site, my screen shows text only with no HTML formatting.

I click on the refresh icon and more of the formatting arrives.  I may have to click on the refresh icon several times.

Sometimes, everything happens as it should.

I want to try a factory reset but when I do nothing seems to be right.

Then I reload the router from the thumb drive on which I saved the router configuration.

Things start working but I still have to clich on the refrexh button several time to get everything to come onto

the screen in HTML format.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look for a solution?

Best Regards,

Stan

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
IrvSp
Master

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Model R8000

Stan, I suggest you go over the Netgear Nighthawk Router forum, https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk.

You mention two different routers too, R8000 and R8000P. Should clear that up, but in this case it might not matter. Problem my not be router related at all?

I'd start all over there too... and clarify some information as that will help.

"I am using Google Chrome and Norton products.", well what versions, but I'd think Norton has nothing to do with this. Chrome version could, but have you tried another browser, IE, Edge, or Firefox if on Windows, Safari if on a Mac?

"I believe I am at the current firmware level or so Genie says.", state what that is, 'we' can't guess and Genie if it is the Desktop or mobile app, it can be wrong. If using Chrome to access the router, that should be correct.

Might want to state your ISP speed as well. Any and all debug steps you had taken and results, such as clearing the browser cache for instance. If it is specifc web sites, state what that site is and its URL. Screenshot would help as well.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7