Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear c3700 Router-nat type strict on Call of Duty. Have assigned DMZ to PS4, pnp on

mem1961
Aspirant

Netgear c3700 Router-nat type strict on Call of Duty. Have assigned DMZ to PS4, pnp on

My son's PS4 keeps defaulting to NAT type strict for Call of Duty games.  We have followed instructions online about turning on UPnP and assigning the PS4 to DMZ.  None of this has worked.  We were going to try port forwarding,  but there are no instructions on how exactly to do this.  From what I read online this may not work anyway, since it is a router with a modem.  Does anyone know how to fix it?  If you do, could you give us specific instructions?  We are fairly computer literate,   but not sure how to do involved things such as this.  Will we   be able to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Model: CG3700EMR-1TDNDS|Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear c3700 Router-nat type strict on Call of Duty. Have assigned DMZ to PS4, pnp on

Hello mem1961

Here is a link how to port forward and all the ports you need to open

https://kb.netgear.com/24290/How-do-I-add-a-custom-port-forwarding-service-on-my-Nighthawk-router

• TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480.
  • UDP: 3478-3479.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
mem1961
Aspirant

Thanks, we will try that.  As of now it went back to Open Nat on its own, but we will try that the next time it happens.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7