Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear c6300 no connection on ports 2, 3 and 4.

cakesin
Follower

Netgear c6300 no connection on ports 2, 3 and 4.

My c6300 doesn't connect devices to the internet or even show the slightest sign of working on ethernet ports 2, 3, and 4. Ethernet port 1 and the wi-fi works fine. There are zero signs of damage nor has there been any physical trauma in its life. I'd like to know if there's a setting I should change, or something along those lines. Thanks!

Firmware version is V3.01.14.

I'm not really sure how to or if I can update.

Linked is the picture I took of the ethernet ports not working.

any help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear c6300 no connection on ports 2, 3 and 4.

Is the modem in router or bridge mode?

Try disconnecting the ISP coax cable from the modem and all wired devices to the modems ethernet ports. 

Pull the power adapter from the wall out let for 30 seconds then plug back in. Connect 1 ethernet PC to one of the effected ports. Port 4. Wait for the modem to come to read. Does the wired PC get an IP address from the modem? Any LED indications on the modem for Port 4? Can you access the modems web page at all at 192.168.100.1? 

Reconnect the ISP coax cable after checking the above items. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Netgear c6300 no connection on ports 2, 3 and 4.

@cakesin wrote:

Firmware version is V3.01.14.

I'm not really sure how to or if I can update.

You can't update the firmware on a cable modem/router.

What’s the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

If your firmware is outdated, you cannot manually upgrade your cable modem’s or modem router’s firmware. You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to upgrade your firmware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7