Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear policy re updating firmware for cable modem-routers used with Cox ISP

fluxrev
Aspirant

Netgear policy re updating firmware for cable modem-routers used with Cox ISP

I have been using Netgear routers for years, but have only recently been using Netgear cable modem-routers (after switching from DSL service).  I am aware of the issue involving the user's inability to manually update the firmware for cable modem-routers, but what I do not know is Netgear's policy regarding the providing of those firmware updates to the cable ISPs.  Specifically: (1) Is there a single policy regarding the provision of firmware updates to cable ISPs that applies to all Netgear cable modem-routers, or does it vary based on the particular cable modem-router product?  (2) What is Netgear's policy specifically regarding the timeliness of their provision of firmware updates to cable ISPs?  In other words, what is the maximum amount of time that may pass between the creation of the firmware update by Netgear and their provision of it to the cable ISPs?

Thank you.

George

PS My cable ISP is Cox.

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear policy re updating firmware for cable modem-routers used with Cox ISP

Firmware is different for each modem. As for your second question that is up to the ISP.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
fluxrev
Aspirant

DarrenM,

Thanks, but you've misunderstood both of my questions.  In order to minimize the potential for further confusion, let's just deal with my second question (which I worded in two different ways, for clarity), which was:

What is Netgear's policy specifically regarding the timeliness of their provision of firmware updates to cable ISPs? In other words, what is the maximum amount of time that may pass between the creation of the firmware update by Netgear and their provision of it to the cable ISPs?

Your reply to this question was, "that is up to the ISP".  This reply indicates that you have not understood my question.  My question involved _only_ what _Netgear_ does; it had nothing to do with what the ISP does.  If you or anyone else here would care to answer the question that I asked, I would appreciate it.

Message 3 of 7
ZeroC00l
Luminary

This has always been the same crap I have got from netgear. They don't care and won't help. That's their model. That's their way. They can sell their darn product but can't provide any help.

Message 4 of 7
fluxrev
Aspirant

I have to say that my experiences with Netgear customer service (not this forum, which I'm new to) have generally been unsatisfactory over the last several years.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get an answer to the simple question that I've asked here.  ;^)

Message 5 of 7
ZeroC00l
Luminary

They'll never answer not give you any kind of feedback. I am very disappointed with Netgear. They steal your money and offer no help when needed.
Message 6 of 7
fluxrev
Aspirant

So, no one here, including any mods, has any idea as to whether Netgear has a policy regarding the timeliness of their provision of firmware updates to cable ISPs?  

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7