Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New C3000 N300 no internet connection

Aerospace
Aspirant

New C3000 N300 no internet connection

Hello,

I was replacing my old modem with a new C3000-100NAS but it would not establish an internet connection.  I reset everything and contacted my internet/cable provider and they were unable to connect me either.  I disconnected the new modem and installed my old one and everything works so it's not my cables.  Any other suggestions ?  Unfortunately, I will not be able to return the modem due to I purchased it a year ago, but never took it out of the box until now.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you !

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New C3000 N300 no internet connection

You may need to contact the ISP again and ask for L3 internet support instead of a front line rep they may be able to look into why there system can not access that modem.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Aerospace
Aspirant

Re: New C3000 N300 no internet connection

Thank you for the response.  I will try again with my provider, but at the time I was communicating with them they consulted with their supervisor on my situation, and since my old modem was working properly and still is since I had to reconnect it and the new one was not, they stated it was the modem and not their connection.  If it is the new modem that is very discouraging due to it's brand new out of the box.  Lesson learned is open electronic items immediately.   If I want to pursue this with NetGear directly there is a charge to speak to them since this was purchased but not used a year ago.    

Thanks for your time. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7