Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New C3700 cannot make address reservations

inteller
Apprentice

New C3700 cannot make address reservations

Title says it all. I cannot make dhcp reservations for my lan devices. Get this stupid message that the table is full even though it is empty.

Message 1 of 12
mailmichael
Aspirant

Re: New C3000/C3700 cannot make address reservations

I am having the same problem with my C3000 cable modem / wifi network router. Here is the complete error:

Table is full. Remove an entry before adding new entry.

There are no entries in the list. This is the second time I've run into being unable to perform a simple function on this router and receiving a confusing error message with no documentation or results from a google search. The last time it had to do with changing the network address and getting an overlap error only to find out the network address was secretly reserved for the guest network.

I wonder if this is somehow related. The router can't figure out what to do if the device you reserve shows up on the guest network, so it just gives you a bogus error.

I guess I have to spend the next few hours to days figuring out another Netgear bug. This is the worst Netgear product I've ever bought, and I've owned about a dozen wifi routers, switches, vpn routers, security cameras, etc, from them over the years for both home and work with a great impression. It's almost as if they outsourced the development of this product to another company that sucks.
Message 2 of 12
srandlet
Initiate

Re: New C3700 cannot make address reservations

I've got the C3000 Firmware V1.01.05. I was having the same issue with it.
I was able to get it to take reservations by doing the following steps.

1) In the Advanced/Setup/LAN Setup screen, set the Starting IP Address to .10 (default) and Ending IP Address to .20
2) Apply Config
3) Click to add reservation. It will then pop up IP addresses that have been assigned. Go back and change the Ending IP Address to .254 (or whatever you want to use as your end IP address).
4) Apply Config

It will then allow you to add. Note that reservations IP addresses must be part of the pool. So if you want to reserve x.y.z.200 then the IP pool range must include .200. Typically when you setup DHCP reserved addresses they are not part of the pool but this device works differently.

Hope this works for you,
Steve
Message 3 of 12
inteller
Apprentice

no it doesn't work following those instructions.
Message 4 of 12
fordem
Mentor

srandlet wrote:
Note that reservations IP addresses must be part of the pool. So if you want to reserve x.y.z.200 then the IP pool range must include .200. Typically when you setup DHCP reserved addresses they are not part of the pool but this device works differently.
Think about this very carefully... Why would you expect a DHCP server to lease an address that is not within it's lease pool?
Message 5 of 12
inteller
Apprentice

please don't answer if you don't have solutions.
Message 6 of 12
srandlet
Initiate

fordem wrote:
Think about this very carefully...

Why would you expect a DHCP server to lease an address that is not within it's lease pool?

In every DHCP setup (MS DHCP and in Linux DHCP) I have not used IP addresses scoped in the lease pool for static reservations. It is not a requirement that the reservation IP is part of the DHCP IP pool. If you use IPs that are in the pool for reservations, there is a high probability you will see IP conflicts if the DHCP server does not detect the IP address is in use. I've had this happen with both Linux and Windows DHCP servers.

This is all I will post regarding this question, as it is off-topic from the thread.

Steve
Message 7 of 12
ssciarratt
Novice

Anybody having trouble reloading or showing pictures on FB or instagram on android devices. All other web sites seem to work. Thanks
Message 8 of 12
rberthelette
Aspirant

Thanks SRANDLET! I was able to see the reservations by following your steps:

1) In the Advanced/Setup/LAN Setup screen, set the Starting IP Address to .10 (default) and Ending IP Address to .20

2) Apply Config

3) Click to add reservation. It will then pop up IP addresses that have been assigned. Go back and change the Ending IP Address to .254 (or whatever you want to use as your end IP address).

4) Apply Config

The problem seems to be when a reserved device has no Device Name. After following the above steps, simply give each device a name.

Once this is done, then the starting and ending IP reservation addresses can be put back to what they were and you should now see your reservations listed.
Message 9 of 12
teeben70
Aspirant

Thank you for your tip, srandlet!

It worked for my C3700-100NAS.

Cheers!

-teeben70

Message 10 of 12
jcmegabyte
Aspirant

Yes - this solution DID work for me. Once there is an entry in the table it seems to be fine...  Thanks!  😃

Message 11 of 12
egruff
Aspirant

There's a problem with this approach (besides faulty firmware that should be updated). I got this to work, and have recently gone back to add another static IP, but because some of the previously-assigned static IPs are "above" 192.168.0.20, I can't reassign the range of addresses without deleting all the existing ones and then adding them all back. Why can't Netgear just fix this issue and put out a firmware update instead of users having to kludge around a problem? 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7