Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New CM400 modem download speed only 30 subscribe to 200

Grwrigh87
Aspirant

New CM400 modem download speed only 30 subscribe to 200

Decided it was time to get rid of Comcast's rented equipment and bought a CM400 modem and AC1750 router. After installing I found that I am only getting 30 mbps download and 6 mbps upload when m subscribed to blast which is 200/10 or 200/20. The Comcast wireless gateway gives me the 200 I'm supposed to have I just can't seem to get it from the new Netgear modem even on a wired connection directly from the modem to laptop. Anyone have any tips? Thanks
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New CM400 modem download speed only 30 subscribe to 200

Hello Grwrigh87

Have you contacted your ISP see if they have the modem coded correctly I have seen when someone adds a new modem it gets assigned a basic speed and your old modem has the code for your higher speeds.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Grwrigh87

Have you contacted your ISP see if they have the modem coded correctly I have seen when someone adds a new modem it gets assigned a basic speed and your old modem has the code for your higher speeds.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Grwrigh87
Aspirant

I was just able to make the call today and you are correct. They were still set up to send the blast speeds to the old modem. They removed everything and we started from scratch and this rep activated it properly. Thanks for your response
Model: CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7