Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New CM600 modem showing suspicious zero error rate

djc6
Luminary

New CM600 modem showing suspicious zero error rate

I installed a new Netgear CM600 wednesday night and am suspicous that ~36 hours later I still have zero correctable/uncorrectable codewords.    I have no issues with my 16x4 channel 300/30 Mbps (Ultimate) connection with Cox, just seems odd that my connection is 100% error free.  I saw someone else brought up this concern in another thread that is now closed:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM600-error-counts-still-zero-after-three-days...

The CM600 has broadom BCM3384 chipset - I have an older Motorola SB6182 8x4 modem with BCM3383 chipset that is very similar and it shows a low number of errors each day.   Is the Netgear unit that good that I really have a 100% error free connection or is something wrong with CM600 stats?

Just want to make sure CM600 working while still in the return period.  I like being able to look at the stats/event log to know if any connection problems are occuring.

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3
djc6
Luminary

I've had the modem just over a week now, still zero correctable/uncorrectable codewords.

Modem is working fine - I just want confirmation the stats page works.  Seems highly suspicious that connection 100% error free after a week.  I found another person asking same question on a different website:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30754432-Internet-Low-error-rate-on-Netgear-CM600-do-you-have-one?...

Message 2 of 3
djc6
Luminary

Finally saw some errors after 2 weeks - so perhaps CM600 stats page does work, and for some reason after switching from SB6190 32x8 modem the CM600 is exceptionally error free.

CM600 errors.png

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7