Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Modem, Make sure errors are Coax related.

Ithik
Aspirant

New Modem, Make sure errors are Coax related.

Hello,

I have been having issues and tech folk are pretty lazy in my area... Drops are hours long and random in occurance, some days none, others tons.... Below are links to images of my error logs and cable connection tables. If it's as I think and the wiring for this old house, which is older than cable, and the wiring from the dropline is only as new as needed.. I will gladly rewire to it myself so when/if the next tech is called they cannot charge me for doing nothing and I can point to the drop line to the street as the culprit.

Any tips or pointer would be appreciated.

Connection Table:

https://gyazo.com/96e391e563e531f7f5987caf80cc8346

Error Log:

https://gyazo.com/f2b6a6d84535e673614811907b2770d5

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Ithik
Aspirant

Re: New Modem, Make sure errors are Coax related.

Incase anyone has a similar issue,

Went and rewired the coax from the drop line to 1 splitter and then modem. Double the up channels now, with advertised Upload Speed and Slightly better Download speeds. Better than waiting 2 - 3 weeks for some lazy tech to comeout and try to slap a bandaid on it and charge 60 bucks per visit.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Message 2 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Too many T3 timeouts. Most likely there is noise in the Upstream..

Message 3 of 6
Ithik
Aspirant

Thank you for the responses,

I have gone to the local store to get some quad shielded coax and online for cheaper wire stripper and crimper to relay coax from the drop line to my modem myself, with a new GE splitter 5 - 2500mhz. Since looking around, the coax to the drop line currently looks like it's from 1998 and not even a drip loop, which might be a factor if water it going along the line into the house and down to the splitter, since none of the line once under the house is anchored or stapled up at all, just loose dip to the splitter from the same era as the cord... ISP was out 2 weeks ago and just re capped the outlet to the modem and called it a day, they're kinda lazy in these parts, and a new one can't be out for 3 more weeks from today....

Any other tips would be appreicated, as this will be my first coax messery after just wathcing what feels like hours of videos lol.

Message 4 of 6
Ithik
Aspirant

Incase anyone has a similar issue,

Went and rewired the coax from the drop line to 1 splitter and then modem. Double the up channels now, with advertised Upload Speed and Slightly better Download speeds. Better than waiting 2 - 3 weeks for some lazy tech to comeout and try to slap a bandaid on it and charge 60 bucks per visit.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it fixed. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7