Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NightHawk AX2700/CAX30

DannyS22
Guide

NightHawk AX2700/CAX30

Nighthawk ax2700/cax30

firmware 1.4.10.8

I'm on Xfinity cable with their More Speed Plan (I think)

Seems that every 2 weeks I need to power off/power on the unit to get back my speeds. As an example my USB 3.0 WiFi adapter will run on Speed Test 490+Mbps or on my Android Samsung S20+ at 640Mbps then both it will slow down to 280Mbps.after 2 weeks. Redo the power reboot and things go back to the higher speed. 

Any ideas is appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted. 

@DannyS22 wrote:

I still don't see anything called WMM under the advance wireless setup

I've changed the channels but I get a message on the 5Gmhz that says  To get best wireless performance Netgear recommends set gateway to a high channel between 149-161. I proceded to 48.

It will take a while to see if things change.

Thanks for the help.

danny

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Does a ethernet connected PC experience same issues? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Smart Connect enabled and WMM enabled? 

Message 2 of 9
DannyS22
Guide

Let me see if I've got the right info.

NO Ethernet connections ALL wireless.

Wireless Setup

Enaable AX

2.4Ghz

Enable SSID Broadcast

Enable 20/40 Mhz Coexistence

Channel Auto:  Current 8

Security: WPA-2 Personal [AES]

5.0Ghz

Enablr SSID Broadcast

Channel 153

Current 147+153(P)+157+161

Security WPA-2 Personal (AES)

Maybe 1 neighbor with a WiFi

SMART is NOT enable and I don't know WMM (sorry)

Seems to me as a novice, it's like resetting the connection. I don't know if Xfinity is throttleing  me. According to their website, I'm not close to data limit, if there is one.

THANKS for the help, I appreciate it.

Danny

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

So try this, Disable WPA security on the modem temporarily. Connect 1 device up to the CAX while the wifi is in the open. See if it will connect and gain internet services. Re-enable WPA2 and AES after testing. 

@DannyS22 wrote:

Let me see if I've got the right info.

NO Ethernet connections ALL wireless.

Wireless Setup

Enaable AX

2.4Ghz

Enable SSID Broadcast

Enable 20/40 Mhz Coexistence

Channel Auto:  Current 8< Try channel 1, 6 or 11. 

Security: WPA-2 Personal [AES]

5.0Ghz

Enablr SSID Broadcast

Channel 153

Current 147+153(P)+157+161< Try channel 48.

Security WPA-2 Personal (AES)

Maybe 1 neighbor with a WiFi

SMART is NOT enable and I don't know WMM (sorry) < Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Seems to me as a novice, it's like resetting the connection. I don't know if Xfinity is throttleing  me. According to their website, I'm not close to data limit, if there is one.

THANKS for the help, I appreciate it.

Danny

Message 4 of 9
Brettmcm
Apprentice

Today mine reset its settings by itself totally out of the blue, When I checked my settings the channel was set to 8, I use 11, the speed was set to 2.4 54mbs I set to 860 ... it's the oddest thing, When I try to change the settings back it keep resetting everything to being off (wifi) I have to change everything again and the changes I make to the settings are taking FOREVER to update... 3-4 minutes at a time. Something weird is defintely going on. Then, like an idiot... I saw "traffic meter" on the app, normally not aviable to me so I hit it ... and now I am completely locked out. The web genies just says "traffic meter goal met) or something and that's it.. that's all i can see and do no matter what, got to the admin, security, internet set up tabs... all just show the same message. So I try the worst app ever made nighthawk and of course :We can't find your router" oh wow what a shock... then I see oh theres an update for the app lets try that .... and Nope same thing... let me guess you have Comcast? They always seem to have a hand in everything... i cant stand them. If they spent half as much time on customer service as they do and creating little rules to micro manage your internet even when using a 3rd party device they'd be the greatest company on earth. 

Guess I've got no choice but to nuke everything and start over AGAIN .... seems like a once a month thing these days and my CAX30 has been dialed in and ran great for almost a solid month ... a new record. Never having to reset ... never having to do anything ... oh well it was a nice run and better than Xfintiy's X7 could ever do 

Message 5 of 9
DannyS22
Guide

I've changed the channels but I get a message on the 5Gmhz that says  To get best wireless performance Netgear recommends set gateway to a high channel between 149-161. I proceded to 48.

Thanks for the help.

danny

Message 6 of 9
Brettmcm
Apprentice

He gave me the same advice a month or more ago.... worked like a charm... I set to 11 and 48 and now my only problem is what to do with my EX1800 as the CAX30's now covers my entire house and I'm trying to figure out a place to put it to supplement the coverage 

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted. 

@DannyS22 wrote:

Thanks for the help.

danny

Message 8 of 9
DannyS22
Guide

Well it's been almost a month since I made the changes on the chanels. Things appear to be working great. No more isses and my remote thermostats haven't lost connects either. 

THANKS for the help.

Danny

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7