Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 random disconnects every day

paulabear66
Tutor

Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 random disconnects every day

I recently purchased and installed the Nighthawk AC1900 model C7000 dual Wifi Modem Router. It has been dropping the internet connection every day at the same time. Sometimes twice a day. I never had this problem with my old router and modem. It is not the Wifi that is losing the connection. It is the modem. I have my computer hooked up via ethernet cable.

I am very frustrated. I called my internet provider and they told me they show now problems with my connection and no history of lost signal. Is there some setting in the router that can be causing this to happen? Please help!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
paulabear66
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 random disconnects every day

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
rob_hawthorn
Aspirant

Experiencing the same issue except over WiFi.

Getting random dropouts. It's occurring about once every 20 minutes for about 2 minutes each time.

When it happens I run the 'Diagnostics' in the routerlogin.com Advanced panel and I get a successful ping <1ms.

Have had an Xfinity Comcast Engineer out who has confirmed there is a stable connection to them.

I need to get this sorted out as I work remotely and this is a big issue especially with video conferencing with clients.

Rob

Message 2 of 5
paulabear66
Tutor

Message 3 of 5
paulabear66
Tutor

I don' t know why this was marked as solved. I never said it fixed my problem. Well...it didn't solve my problem. I am still experiencing periodic drops in connection to the internet. Support has now told me to unplug my modem/router from my power supply and plug directly into an outlet. He said that the power supply could be receiving power surges that are diconnecting it. Highly doubtful! It is the same power supply I have used for over a year and it worked perfectly fine with my last modem and router. Also my lamp is plugged into it and several other electronics like my phone and computer. So for the sake of elemination I will do it and report back with the results. 

Message 4 of 5
dc2012
Guide

Did it work? Others have been having similar problems here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/C7000-100NAS-randomly-drops-internet-connectio...

Curious to know if anyone got a real fix yet.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7