Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Model C6900 - Cannot log in to router

ChadFL
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Model C6900 - Cannot log in to router

We recently had a brief Xfinity outage in our neighborhood, and once the internet was restored, my Nighthawk C6900 WiFi router stopped being accessible to my various household devices.  My laptop (WiFi) and desktop computers (direct ethernet connection), both running Win 10 Pro, are able to access the internet, but not our cell phones, Google devices, etc.  Attempting to access my router on either computer by using the router's default gateway 192.168.0.1, or going to routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com, all result in being redirected to this page:

https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/

I cannot access the router's login page.  I'm reluctant to do a factory reset on the router, but if this is the only way to restore access, I'll do so.  I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.  I've looked at as many troubleshooting tips as I could find.  Thanks!

Model: C6900|High Speed Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Model C6900 - Cannot log in to router

Try going to 192.168.100.1

that should be the modem side IP address. 

Message 2 of 5
ChadFL
Aspirant

Thank you, I appreciate the suggestion.  Unfortunately, doing so again results in being redirected to https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/

I've also gone ahead and reset the router to factory (I held down the reset button 20 seconds and let it recycle back to power-on); the problem still persists.

Is it a simple matter of the router being "broken?"  It's a year old, and this seems to have happened as a direct result of the Xfinity outage yesterday.

Again, thanks!  Any input is appreciated!

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

if its redirecting you, its functioning and working. 

The 192.168.100.1 should work if its routing. 

Can you ping it? 

Did you try a different browser? Or computer? 

Message 4 of 5
Django22
Aspirant

Hi -
Did you resolve this issue? I have the exact same problem. Would appreciate any insights in this.
Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7