Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router (C7000v2) - Cannot see option to upgrade firmware

allgored
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router (C7000v2) - Cannot see option to upgrade firmware

I am able to connect to the internet just fine. But I downloaded the NighHawk app and it says that the firware is out of date and I should open routerlogin.net. 

I am able to see the routerlogin.net just fine on my mobile but I do not see any options to upgrade the firmware. On the very top right-hadn side it mentions the firmware to be V1.02.09 

Moreover, I cannot visit routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 from my laptop even though they are connected to the same network. No idea why.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4
labatt
Mentor

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router (C7000v2) - Cannot see option to upgrade firmware

You will not see and options to upgrade the firmware. Firmware upgrades are done by the ISP when you are using a cable/modem router. Down side of running a combo modem router. In most cases that I have seen an update never happens. I have used netgear modems on Comcast and never saw a firmware update even though if you look at the Netgear site there is an update. I don't worry about it as long as things are working. 

Message 2 of 4
allgored
Aspirant

Ah gotcha! Makes sense

Message 3 of 4

@allgored wrote:

Moreover, I cannot visit routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 from my laptop even though they are connected to the same network. No idea why.

Wrong address for a modem/router:

Try 192.168.0.1

See the manual. Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7