Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX8, Model CAX80

FURRYe38
Guru

I believe that is a file made by wireshark networking scanning program...

@kirby30500 wrote:

What is a "pcap"?

Message 26 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

Just curious, if you put 1 PC into the modems DMZ, can the Cisco ConnectAnywhere get thru then? 

By chance do you have a external wif router on hand to test with? 

@cashtag wrote:

ISP won't be able to help you - they'll blame NETGEAR.  I've also talked to helpdesk at work who maintains the server.  They said there's nothing they're doing that's blocking the connection - and also blamed NETGEAR.  But NETGEAR just doesn't have anybody that knows what's going on.  I told them about this thread but they don't seem to care.

btw, pcap is a tool to monitor network traffic.  Not sure how that's going to help in this situation.  The server is simply rejecting requests from this router.  But only this router.  Is there somebody out there who can educate us on under what condition server rejects a request from a particular router?  Is it a whitelist problem?  Meaning, address of the router isn't registered with the server firewall?  I'm not an expert - but maybe there's somebody out there who is.

Message 27 of 66
cashtag
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Just curious, if you put 1 PC into the modems DMZ, can the Cisco ConnectAnywhere get thru then? 

By chance do you have a external wif router on hand to test with? 

@cashtag wrote:

ISP won't be able to help you - they'll blame NETGEAR.  I've also talked to helpdesk at work who maintains the server.  They said there's nothing they're doing that's blocking the connection - and also blamed NETGEAR.  But NETGEAR just doesn't have anybody that knows what's going on.  I told them about this thread but they don't seem to care.

btw, pcap is a tool to monitor network traffic.  Not sure how that's going to help in this situation.  The server is simply rejecting requests from this router.  But only this router.  Is there somebody out there who can educate us on under what condition server rejects a request from a particular router?  Is it a whitelist problem?  Meaning, address of the router isn't registered with the server firewall?  I'm not an expert - but maybe there's somebody out there who is.

DMZ isn't the way to go since all traffic will go through my IP address.  But I have tried putting my IP address into DMZ - but no luck.

I'm 100% certain this is a router issue.  My connection is fine if I switch to another router, any wifi, my verizon hot spot ... I've taken my laptop to starbucks, friends house, in laws house ... all with different modem, different wifi, different ISP ... - and they all worked *perfectly*.  It just doesn't work with this one.

Message 28 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes I was wondering if the DMZ on the modem would work as a quick test. Not long term. 

The question about the external wifi router would be to see if you put the modem in to modem mode only and connect your wifi router to the modem, same things happens or does it work? Something to try and give feedback to NG support on. 

Message 29 of 66
cashtag
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Yes I was wondering if the DMZ on the modem would work as a quick test. Not long term. 

The question about the external wifi router would be to see if you put the modem in to modem mode only and connect your wifi router to the modem, same things happens or does it work? Something to try and give feedback to NG support on. 

I see - just tried it on modem mode and it does connect.  But I disconnected immediately.  My company has an "honor system"  policy to use the router.  I don't think they would ever know - but I still  don't want to risk it.  So, at the end of the day, the router must work.   But yes, modem mode does work.

Message 30 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok so sounds like someting on the router side of the modem when in router mode is causing prolems. This is something to pass on to NG support. Seems that this needs to be fixed. 

Message 31 of 66
Nauren
Aspirant

I seem to be having the very same problem. My work VPN seems to be working just fine but my wives will not connect at all.
Message 32 of 66
cashtag
Guide

With so many people having the same issue, you'd think NG support would take this more seriously.  When they cant figure it out, they tell me they're going to call e back -  then I get an email asking me to rate their service.  When I end up calling them because I don't hear from them, they tell me that the case has been "closed".  I've had to open 4 or 5  ticket so far - all closed and none of them were resolved.  I even refer them to this thread - it doesn't sound to me like they're interested in reading community blogs.

Message 33 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to keep in contact with NG support. Not much that can be done here in the forums. 

Good Luck. 

Message 34 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

IF your VPN is working and your wife's isn't, I would check into the Mfr of this one VPN for help and information. Would be something they would have more information about since it's there product and your VPN is working. 

@Nauren wrote:
I seem to be having the very same problem. My work VPN seems to be working just fine but my wives will not connect at all.

Message 35 of 66
Kimikazi
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk AX8, Model CAX80 with Cisco Anyconnect VPN

I have the same issue.  Every other device in the house is working incredibly with the Netgear CAX80.  I tried to log in to work, before work, and nothing.  Doesn't recognize the wi-fi or ethernet.  I've connected a hotspot to get through tomorrow.  I hope to get this resolved, as I love the CAX80.

Message 36 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

IF your VPN is working and your wife's isn't, I would check into the Mfr of this one VPN for help and information. Would be something they would have more information about since it's there product and your VPN is working.

@Kimikazi wrote:

I have the same issue.  Every other device in the house is working incredibly with the Netgear CAX80.  I tried to log in to work, before work, and nothing.  Doesn't recognize the wi-fi or ethernet.  I've connected a hotspot to get through tomorrow.  I hope to get this resolved, as I love the CAX80.

Message 37 of 66
Kimikazi
Tutor

What devices have you found to work with Cisco AnyWhere Connect?

Message 38 of 66
cashtag
Guide

Other netgear products besides this model, Tlink, ubiquiti, my Hot wifi.  You name it - they *all* work except for this particular netgear model.  Literally, of all the ones I tried, this is the *ONLY* one that does not work.

Message 39 of 66
Kimikazi
Tutor

We'll see, I have a CM1000 arriving today, I'm beginning to think it is the modem/router combination that is the cause.  I had the same issue with the Xfinity modem/router previously.  I used a CM500 successfully for years until I wanted more speed.  I guess I'll be returning the CAX80, as I need the Cisco Anywhere Connection to work from home. 

Message 40 of 66
jlbennettmd
Guide

I am using CM1150V and RAX200. I know others using CM1200 and RAX120 also working well with Cisco Anyconnect
Message 41 of 66
ayomight08
Aspirant

Hi all, 

did netgear support provide a fix for cax80 modem not workiing with cisco anyconnect vpn 

Message 42 of 66

No. Net gear has the worst customer service in the world. Once you buy their product you’re **bleep**ed on service or help. You’re on your own.. their motto
Message 43 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

To anyone in this thread can help provide a Wireshark PCAP trace log of when this happens with the VPN while trying to connnect thru the CAX80, please let me know. 

@Foo_King_Dead @ayomight08 @jlbennettmd @Kimikazi @cashtag 

Message 44 of 66
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

PCAP instructions for laptop

Message 45 of 66
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

CAX80 debug instructions

pls use BOTH the files (and above file as well)

and PM (Private message) both the logs (dont paste the files here)

Message 46 of 66
lopesmatttali
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX8, Model CAX80

I have just purchased this netgear equipment, and while my signal is great, I am not able to connect to my work CISCO VPN and I need this fixed ASAP. Are you able to help me? 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 47 of 66

Unfortunately I can’t help you because the Netgear team refuses to respond or admit they have a problem sending packets to Cisco VPN. They should rename this model from CAX80 to SUX80
Message 48 of 66
lopesmatttali
Aspirant

Do you have a recommendation for a different model to get? We pay for higher speed internet through comcast and this ws the recommended model.

Message 49 of 66
cashtag
Guide

Only way I got it to work is by bypassing the router.  I've since got another router.  In short, I gave up.

Message 50 of 66
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7