Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX8, Model CAX80

lopesmatttali
Aspirant

@cashtag @Foo_King_Dead @vkdelta what model do you recommend i get when I return this one

Message 51 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

If this gateway modem does not work, I would recommend something separate, a separate modem only unit then choose from any kind of wifi external router to connect to it for better FW upate control and management. 

NGs CM series of modems works well. Then connect up either a NG router or ASUS or Dlink or something branded wifi router and you should be good from there. 

Message 52 of 66
dv8withn8
Tutor

Just found this thread and wanted to chime in. I bought this modem/router to improve my WFH (gig speeds) after reading postive reviews and wanting to set my home up for impending WiFi 6 enabled devices.

I started on a new client shortly after the return window on this device expired. The client requires me to connect via Cisco AnyConnect and I have never been able to on my home network with this device. I can connect via a hotspot from my ISP I can reach in a corner of my living room. I can connect to the VPN at my friends house and pretty much anywhere but home on the CAX80.

Netgear attempted to troubleshoot over the phone. I've tried assigning the laptop which requires the VPN to the DMZ, forwarding required ports, etc. To no avail. 

They sent me a new device via the hardware warranty and still no luck. I would return this nearly 500 dollar piece of garbage if I could but that window elapsed so I've had to eat the cost of it. Will never buy Netgear again.

Message 53 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

Did they happen to help you get debug logs? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

@dv8withn8 wrote:

Just found this thread and wanted to chime in. I bought this modem/router to improve my WFH (gig speeds) after reading postive reviews and wanting to set my home up for impending WiFi 6 enabled devices.

I started on a new client shortly after the return window on this device expired. The client requires me to connect via Cisco AnyConnect and I have never been able to on my home network with this device. I can connect via a hotspot from my ISP I can reach in a corner of my living room. I can connect to the VPN at my friends house and pretty much anywhere but home on the CAX80.

Netgear attempted to troubleshoot over the phone. I've tried assigning the laptop which requires the VPN to the DMZ, forwarding required ports, etc. To no avail. 

They sent me a new device via the hardware warranty and still no luck. I would return this nearly 500 dollar piece of garbage if I could but that window elapsed so I've had to eat the cost of it. Will never buy Netgear again.

Message 54 of 66
dv8withn8
Tutor

The latest firmware is currently loaded. I retry with each new version. They did not get me debug logs.

Message 55 of 66
dv8withn8
Tutor

The router's admin logs don't offer much insight other than the connection attempt occured. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.42.16 AM.png

Message 56 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

We would need debug logs from router IP address/debug.htm. It has to be enabled first. Then run the sequence of creating the problem, once greated, select Save Debug Logs. 

@dv8withn8 wrote:

The router's admin logs don't offer much insight other than the connection attempt occured. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.42.16 AM.png

@vkdelta 

Message 57 of 66
dv8withn8
Tutor

Ok, debug logs saved. Is there a specific thing you're looking for? It generated a lot of files.

Message 58 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you send them to a forum Moderator and NG engineering will need to look into the logs. Hopefully they will be able to see the problem and get it fixed. 

@DarrenM @vkdelta 

@dv8withn8 wrote:

Ok, debug logs saved. Is there a specific thing you're looking for? It generated a lot of files.

Message 59 of 66
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dv8withn8,

I would like to endorse you to NETGEAR Level 2 support team for callback. Please DM the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (atleast 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 60 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

@olympos1625 

Please be sure to collect his debug logs for review by NG engineering. 

Thank you.

Message 61 of 66

Hey I was having the same issues.

I have firmware V2.1.3.5

I did the following:

1. go to advanced settings

2. go to Setup

3. go to WAN Setup

4. Disable IPSEC ALG

This allowed me to connect.

Hope this helps

Message 62 of 66

Disable IPSec ALG.

Advanced > WAN Setup >

Check the box next to Disable IPSec ALG

then click on the apply button [bottom right]

should allow the response back from your work server to get out and back

Tactfully,

Khannroy Dakota

Message 63 of 66
dv8withn8
Tutor

Yes, this is what Netgear recently suggested to me as well and it did solve the issue. The **bleep**ty part is, it took them 9 months to provide a working solution.

Message 64 of 66

Wow - that's like way too long for such a simple and direct resolution.

Well as long as your back up that all that matters.

Now - get back to work - LOL

Message 65 of 66
FURRYe38
Guru

So enabling that feature causes the problem? 

Message 66 of 66
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7