Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7000 AC1900 Modem/Router dead 9 months out of the box

agregersen
Follower

Nighthawk C7000 AC1900 Modem/Router dead 9 months out of the box

Purchased a 

AC1900 Nighthawk DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed Cable Modem Router + Voice(C7100V)

on 4/27/18.  Worked great until last week, suddenly died.  Tried to reset it several times, Comcast tried to send refresh signals, still nothing.  All original equipment, no modifications of any kind.  Run via a ginormous Monster power-surge protector (both the power supply and the cable signal).  No power surges detected on the protector.  Still under warranty, of course phone support has expired.  Went back to BestBuy where we purchased it, was told the combo devices are terrible & do not last.  Please advise how to return this to Netgear to be remedied.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk C7000 AC1900 Modem/Router dead 9 months out of the box

Helllo adregersen

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Spinnetti
Aspirant

Exactly same problem. Same box 8 months in just died. All the lights still on, but nothing works. No eithernet, no wireless despite everything showing green. Worse is Netgears total lack of support or anyway to get any except posting here. Worst customer service ever and now I'm out $200 and the family is yelling at me about no internet. Last net gear purchase I'll ever make.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

File a support ticket here and ask for an RMA:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@DarrenM 

@Spinnetti wrote:

Exactly same problem. Same box 8 months in just died. All the lights still on, but nothing works. No eithernet, no wireless despite everything showing green. Worse is Netgears total lack of support or anyway to get any except posting here. Worst customer service ever and now I'm out $200 and the family is yelling at me about no internet. Last net gear purchase I'll ever make.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7