Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk C7000 Cannot change time

janedoe
Follower

Nighthawk C7000 Cannot change time

I have the Netgear Nighthawk Model No. C7000 and the time is showing as 1 hour early.  How do I change the time to the correct time?  There is no option to change the time in Advanced -> Security -> Schedule (some people have said there is a time zone option there, but there is not).

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Janedoe

The time is pushed by the ISP so something is not correct on there server I would contact the ISP and ask for there internet support.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
MJH365
Aspirant

I spoke with TWC last night and they were adamant that this is a NetGear problem and had nothing to do with them. So, I then called NetGear support and was told where to find this setting as described by the OP. And as the OP indicated there is no place to change time zone. Her answer to me was to return the unit and get a new one. There has to be a solution to this. And if I continue to run with the one hour slow on the router versus the time on my OS will this cause any problems?

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello MJH365

no this should not cause any issues with the modem other than the logs will be a hour off if you are looking at them.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
gsniezek
Aspirant

I have the same problem with all three of the routers in different locations. they all show 6 hours ahead...which i am assuming different time zone. Never had issue with other modem/routers and there is no option. Any legitamite answers how to fix this?

Message 5 of 7
wilcrd
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with the time.....I am one hour late....I noticed this when I set up a schedule for wifi to be off and come back on.  It was one hour late.

I started to look for a time zone setting like I have on my R7000 ...but I cannot find that setting on the C7000....Why is the firmware so screwed up...it also says it is European settings....but I remember reading that does not hinder the settings for US???  If that is true why do they even have a Europe or US choice??

I think this modem model is a year old ? So why hasn't there been a firmware upgrade fix for all these problems?

Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello wilcrd

All the firmware for the C7000 is pushed out by the cable ISP and also the ISP servers push the time data to the modem.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7