Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7000v2 dropping connection

Nighthawk C7000v2 dropping connection

Our internet connection is dropping 1-4 times a day every day for the past couple months.  It typically comes back within 1-2 minutes, but this is very disruptive now that we are working from home due to the pandemic.  Our ISP is Spectrum and they see no issues on their end.  I checked the Nighthawk app and it says the firmware is outdated.  However, when I go to routerlogin.net it tells me the firmware version is V1.02.09, which matches what Netgear says is the latest firmware for this device for Spectrum.  So it appears the firmware is up to date and, since this is a modem router, I cannot update the firmware myself anyway.  I have performed multiple power cycles and modem reboots, to no avail.  Any thoughts on how to get this fixed?  Thanks.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 dropping connection

spectrums first response is always "its not our line, its fine". Because if its not, then they have to send out a technician and pay them to fix the line. 

Many times we see issues with the line. 

Log into the c7000 and get a screen snip of the cable connections page and the modem logs. This helps check the line. 

Also, is it all devices that have issues when it drops, only wired devices, only wireless devices?

Message 2 of 12

I have attached screenshots of the cable connection and event logs.  Let me know if any other pictures would be helpful.  Thanks for your insight.

Message 3 of 12

Unfortunately can only attach 1 image at a time here it seems?

Message 4 of 12

Message 5 of 12

Message 6 of 12

Message 7 of 12

Message 8 of 12

Message 9 of 12
plemans
Guru

Your isp needs to check your line. The power levels/errors don't look bad but the cmts is sending the reset/reboot signal and having issues connecting. 

Message 10 of 12

Thank you.  I will reach out to Spectrum.

Message 11 of 12

Spectrum tech came out today and took a look.  Removed a couple of splitters and replaced a coax cable which had some deformity in the connectors, causing a less than ideal physical connection.  He said the signal to the router looks perfect and if there's any other issue it may be time to replace the modem router (even though I've only had it about 15 months).  Hopefully everything is cleaned up now.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7