Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 goes to sleep when my computer does

Tsalie
Tutor

Nighthawk C7000v2 goes to sleep when my computer does

Currently when my computer goes to sleep my nighthawk also goes to sleep.  I need to know how to turn this off.  I've looked at every setting in the config and can't find it.  I searched for "standby" and "sleep" in the user manual with zero results.  I'm not sure why this would be a setting that is enabled by default.  Who only uses their computer with a WIFI router?  So at night when I put my computer to sleep when I'm ready to go to sleep my entire network dies, including all smart home devices connected to it.  Did they really think I want to kill my smart home when I go to bed?  Obviously I'm frustrated and think this is really poorly thought out design.  

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Tsalie
Tutor

So I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong and this is the case. I need to apologize to netgear and the posters here.  I discovered this is a featuer of my UPS, which in that case actually makes sense.  I reconfigured what was plugged into each socket on the ups and now when my computer goes to sleep my network does not go down.  Again my apologies to anyone I was n ahole to.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

I dont think C7000 has a sleep feature. It might be something else going in your network.

I am not aware of any DOCSIS 3.0 modems from any OEMs with a sleep feature.

Message 2 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

please post connection table and DOCSIS event logs. 

Message 3 of 6
Tsalie
Tutor

I am sorry but this is incorrect, there is definitely a sleep feature engaging.  I am posting a video proving this.  I have made zero modifications to the modem/router, yet this happens every single time as soon as I put my computer to sleep. Below is the link to the video showing this.

https://youtu.be/88J3J8kDvfs

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 6
Tsalie
Tutor

So I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong and this is the case. I need to apologize to netgear and the posters here.  I discovered this is a featuer of my UPS, which in that case actually makes sense.  I reconfigured what was plugged into each socket on the ups and now when my computer goes to sleep my network does not go down.  Again my apologies to anyone I was n ahole to.

Message 5 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

not a problem. It happens 🙂

glad you found it and posted the info. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation