Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router Attaching a USB Drive To The USB Port FOR DUMMIES

phaedruspress
Aspirant

Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router Attaching a USB Drive To The USB Port FOR DUMMIES

TL;DR Help for dummies getting a USB drive connected to my modem/ router USB port to show up on my new LG C1 television.

I don't care for the buit in media player that comes with the LG. Also I did not know (or research) before purchasing how proprietary the webOS is on the LG.

I am PLEX ignorant and/ or figuring out how to stream my 4TB USB drive to the TV preferrably with the computer off.

My media player of choice is KODI (I only use the player, I don't stream with it) which I used without problem on my Android TV. KODI is not available for webOS. It was suggested to get a dirt cheap Amazon Firestick Lite and install KODI on that which I did. What I failed to understand even after doing that the Firestick does not see the USB drive when I plug it into the back of the TV.

It was then suggested that I try and do this with plugging the USB drive into the back of the modem/ router. The instructions left me dazed and confused. Mapping a network drive and SMB were terms that threw me.

Is there a for dummies picture guide that will show me the exact steps on how to do this from the moment after I plug the USB drive into the back of the modem/ router? TIA.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru
phaedruspress
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router Attaching a USB Drive To The USB Port FOR DUMMIES

>Some of these articles maybe out of date or not apply to the CAX modem...may give you general idea though

Thanks for the links. I'll give them a thorough looking over tomorrow. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router Attaching a USB Drive To The USB Port FOR DUMMIES

👍

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7