Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router; One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid White

phaedruspress
Aspirant

Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router; One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid White

I was informed that I posted this previously in the incorrect category and while I beleive I may have gotten the answer I was looking for I thought that I would re post here just in case someone had anything additional to add.

Modem/ router is connected to the TV via an Ethernet cable. Port 1. Sling TV on the TV works just fine however this light is solid Amber/ Yellow. When I connect a second Ethernet Cable Port 4 to a dedicated Ethernet Port on the notebook computer this light is solid White. Is one light supposed to be Amber/ Yellow and the other White? Both SlingTV on the TV works just fine (amber light) as does the Interenet connection (white light).TIA.

Modem.jpg

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router; One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid Whi

Yes, you in the right forum now. 

Yes, review the user manual for front LED indication behaviors. Review the modems user manual for LED indication behavior information. Amber usually means 100Mpbs connection while WHITE is 1000Mpbs. That's signifying its connecting at a 10/100mbps connection and not gigabit. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-CAX30-AX2700-Cable-Modem-Router-On...

Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router; One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid Whi

Yes, you in the right forum now. 

Yes, review the user manual for front LED indication behaviors. Review the modems user manual for LED indication behavior information. Amber usually means 100Mpbs connection while WHITE is 1000Mpbs. That's signifying its connecting at a 10/100mbps connection and not gigabit. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-CAX30-AX2700-Cable-Modem-Router-On...

Enjoy. 

Message 2 of 4
phaedruspress
Aspirant

>Yes, you in the right forum now.

Smiley Happy

>Yes, review the user manual for front LED indication behaviors. Review the modems

Copy that. Thanks for the time.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7