Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk Multiple Daily Disconnects from ISP

Regor982
Aspirant

Nighthawk Multiple Daily Disconnects from ISP

I've read as much as I can, with my situation seeming close to a lot of other folks, but I cannot nail down my soution, and continue to have multiple daily disconnects.

I've worked with my Cable provider (COX), and they ran new Cable from the front of the house, no splitters, went on the pole and checked all connections, etc.

It's been happening for a good 6 months, even with new Cable run. Loss of wireless and Wired Internet connectivity.

Hardware Version: V1.07

Firmware Version: V3.01.40

Upstream.pngDownstream.png

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

So this is the C7800 gateway modem? 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page. Use the Choose File button to attach any picture files to your post. 
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://highspeed.tips/docsis-events/

Message 2 of 5
Regor982
Aspirant

Upstream.jpgDownstream.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Regor982
Aspirant

Nighthawk 

AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router

Model C7800

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

you have a lot of errors in your line, not all your channels are locked, and your power is a bit off.

If they've already ran a new line and are saying its not their equipment then  

1. it might not be. It could be a modem issue

2. it could still ba a line issue, you might actually have to rent one of their modems to prove its still a line issue. 

I've had to rent a modem from an ISP for a month to prove it wasn't a 3rd party modem issue. 

If you did that for a month and your signal/speeds are great, then it could be the modem. if they still suck, then cox is obligated to say its the line since its all their equipment. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7