Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk c7000v2 connection drops with Palo alto Global Protect

krajthilak2
Tutor

Nighthawk c7000v2 connection drops with Palo alto Global Protect

Hello,

I recently purchased Nighthawk c7000v2 and I use Global Protect vpn for my home office connectivity. This setup was working fine for couple of weeks and now all of a sudden, I can see connection drops every few minutes. I did a recurring ping to google.com to see and for every 20 successful pings I can see 10 time outs. I have maintained static IP for Primary and Secondary DNS and it did not help. Any insights on how to resolve this would be welcome. Thanks in advance !!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
krajthilak2
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk c7000v2 connection drops with Palo alto Global Protect

Thanks for the response. I think the issue got fixed today morning after I had a call with NetGear support. They asked me to change the static IP address of DNS (Primary, secondary and tertiary) to a different one and so far it has remained stable. I will monitor this further and update the post.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

do you have a screensnip of the cable connections page and event logs? 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 2 of 5
krajthilak2
Tutor

Thanks for the response. I think the issue got fixed today morning after I had a call with NetGear support. They asked me to change the static IP address of DNS (Primary, secondary and tertiary) to a different one and so far it has remained stable. I will monitor this further and update the post.

Message 3 of 5
krajthilak2
Tutor

Issue is now resolved with the fix mentioned in previous reply.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

You can mark it solved then if you'd like

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements