Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk c7100v not allowing hopper 3 internet access

mlewis6
Aspirant

Nighthawk c7100v not allowing hopper 3 internet access

I recently switching internet providers and purchased a netgear nighthawk c7100v cable modem/router with voice. Setup went great all of our device connect and run pretty well. With the exception of our hopper 3 with sling. The hopper will find, connect (wifi), and says I have Internet. However when I launch the Netflix app within the hopper, the server and internet connection fail shortly after launching the app (within 30s) I have tried assigning a static ip to the hopper but there is no way to manually assign an ip within the hopper itself. So I can't use the Netflix app on the hopper, the VOD feature fails as well but I'm more concerned with Netflix.
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Mlewis6

After the box loses connection have you gone into the settings of the hopper and see if it still has a IP address or do a connection test?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
mlewis6
Aspirant

There are instances where Netflix gives me the code nw-1-19 saying the hopper has no connection when it still does. Other time the ip is assigend, the hopper is connected to the router, but not to the internet.
Message 3 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

1. Who is your ISP? What FW do you have on your device?

2. Can you get other apps working on hopper (apart from netflix)?

3. did you change the DNS settings on the C7100V?

Message 4 of 8
mlewis6
Aspirant

1. Xfinity. I'm not sure how to tell the fw
2. No, any other apps that use the internet will not work either.
3. No

I had dish network out to see if the issue was on their end. The swapped my hopper, and swapped out the coaxial cable within the house. Didn't fix the problem. Everything on dish end says the internet of functional until you try to use it.

I fixed the problem though. I programmed the incorrect wifi password in the hopper, so it wouldn't connect to the wifi and ran an Ethernet cable. All of the apps are functioning including Netflix.
Message 5 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

does it still have issues or you have fixed it? sorry, I was bit confused when you say it is fixed.

Is it still connected by both WIFI and ethernet or just WIFI? 

Message 6 of 8
mlewis6
Aspirant

It is now connected only via Ethernet.

If I were to disconnect the Ethernet and connect via wifi, I would still have the same problem.

I didn't solve the problem, just found a work around
Message 7 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Is there any way for you to re-type the password again in the hopper? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7