Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk modem slowdown

alanbruno
Guide

Nighthawk modem slowdown

In advance of implementing gigabit internet service, I did the research and the Nighthawk CM1100 seemed to push all the buttons. I bought it and put it into use 5 or 6 weeks ago. Everything was fine at first. Allowing for expected slowdown due to its wirelessness--500-600gbps--I was satisfied with it. But in the last week I've noticed a sluggishness and have been doing regular speedtests. Sadly, we've only been getting 30-50mbps over the airwaves but when I ethernet hardwire my desktop I'm getting >900gbps. I just restarted the modem (unplugged power, not the coax connect) and it was of no help. What can I do to correct this?!

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk modem slowdown

The cm1100 doesn't have wireless. Its a modem only. If your wired speeds are hitting gigabit, then the modem is functioning as it should.

On the otherhand, you don't say what router you're using. That's whats running your wireless. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The cm1100 doesn't have wireless. Its a modem only. If your wired speeds are hitting gigabit, then the modem is functioning as it should.

On the otherhand, you don't say what router you're using. That's whats running your wireless. 

Message 2 of 3
alanbruno
Guide

Oy...quite right! I'm always doing this; mixing up the router and the modem. Ach...

Well, anyway, I restarted our Netgear Orbi router to see if *that* would help things...and it has! I'm now downloading ~650mbps.

Thank you for waking me up!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7