Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nightmare Dealing With NETGEAR Offshore Customer Service

-Joey-
Follower

Nightmare Dealing With NETGEAR Offshore Customer Service

Dealing with NETGEAR offshore customer service (since 1/19/19) has been a NIGHTMARE! I don't think I will ever buy another NETGEAR product again for the rest of my life (I been buying NETGEAR products since 2014).

The NETGEAR C7000 AC1900 Nighthawk Cable Modem Router is was defective. I started getting speeds of 95 Mbps and lower  where it should be getting at least 300 Mbps. My ISP put in a test modem and it got about 325 Mbps so it was proven that the modem was defective.

I contacted NETGEAR about this on 1/19/19 and they kept putting me on hold and not comming back. Finally after about 8 phone calls they gave me an RMA but to add insult to injury made me pay $16.90 for shipping a replacement.

My problem is that as of 1/23/19 I never received it. Fedex claims they delivered but there is no proof of delivery nor signature. They told me to contact NETGEAR so they can file a claim and have them send me another replacement. 

I called NETGEAR over 20 times. The outsourced reps (they call themselves "experts" I talked to were barely comprehensible and completelly unhelpful. I kept explaining over and over again that I never received the replacement and told them what Fedex said and they kept putting me on hold over and over and mostly not comming back and when they did they kept telling me that it was delivered. I kept saying I never received it. They kept saying it was delivered. This went on for every single phone call.

I loss a total of $208.57 of my money on this. But I will keep calling back until they give me what I am entitled to: a replacement for my defective cable modem I don't care how long it takes and what I have to do. NETGEAR will make me whole again and get my money back or a replacement.

In the future I'll takemy business elswhere.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nightmare Dealing With NETGEAR Offshore Customer Service

Hello Joey 

Can you Pm me a RMA number and case number for this issue I can escalate this issue and have someone look into what happened.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7