Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Net N450

WW251
Aspirant

No Net N450

Good day all

I have xfinity cable for my net. I am now using a CM400 modem and it has a single LAN outlet. So I got a N450 Modem/WIFI Router.

I call xfinity and give them all the numbers. We hook it up and follow all the steps and both the up and down streams are locked and the lights are solid blue. So I reset it and power down and restart everything same two blue lights. So agent at xfinity bings me and

gets a return and no loss out of the packet he sent. So I hook up the old CM400 and I have the net fine.

So I also have a N300 WIFI and hook that up and no Net again. *of course all the numbers with xfinity were changed again.

So I hook up the old CM400 and yes indeed the net is good ...tech said that it was very good. I agree speed is great. So I

have the Genie and it keeps telling me to plug in the A/C and Enet cables.....Duh!

I have Windows 10 and it is up to date. I am using a DellPrecision M6300 and it too is up to date.

When I did all the try outs with the two Netgears I did do factory resets on both.

For some reason both are not letting the Net out of the Netgear but it gets to it just fine.

I would really like to get the N450 working out of the two items.

Any help?

Message 1 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No Net N450

Welcome to the community, @WW251

What's the exact model number of the N450?

It seems that you have another device aside from the CM400, correct?

Are you trying to replace the CM400 or you are actually adding this N450 device with the CM400?

Message 2 of 3
WW251
Aspirant

Re: No Net N450

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to just use N450 by itself.

The model of the N450 is CG3000DV2. This I tried alone with the cable from xfinity into it, and a cable to the Dell from the number one position. That was able to get a bing from xfinity and a return but it would not leave the N450 via the LAN 1,2,3,4 positions.

And both of the stream arrows are blue.

I did try the CM400 with a N300 model WRN2000v5 but that did not work. Same as the N450 when the bing was done by xfinity they got a good return but the signal never went from the N300 router to the Dell computer.

So I then removed the N300 and just went with the CM400 unit and a cable to the Dell and everything is fine.

Each time we went over the numbers and serials and Macs and made sure we were on the same page.

Thank you again for your help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7