Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No available Firmware for Netgear C3000

Munski
Aspirant

No available Firmware for Netgear C3000

I'm having issues with poor connectivity with this combo wifi router.  My currect firmware version is V1.01.11, but I've read theres an update available V2.02.08 and nobody seems to have it. My ISP(Time Warner Cable) doesnt have the update so they gave me the # for Netgears techincal support department. I call Netgear and they basically said they dont have it either, nor is it on our support site so "call your ISP back".... GREAT! After speaking to my ISP for the second time, there is no resolve and im stuck with a POS router that i never should've purchased. I know the issue is not my internet connection cause I ran a speed test, which was fine, and its not the brandnew Iphone6. All i know is, Im about ready to sell this POS router and never purchase anything from this company again. To describe the issues, Im constantly getting the wifi disconnecting symbol and getting disconnected for all games that i play on my phone and the videos/Clips are constantly buffering. Does anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: No available Firmware for Netgear C3000

Hello Munski

The Firmware for cable modems is pushed out by the ISP so right now there is a newer firmware on some ISP this is because TWC has not pushed the firmware out yet they are still verifying the firmware so I have no ETA on when they would release that firmware. But the problem you are having have you tried to change the wireless channel in the wireless settings?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Munski
Aspirant

I have not tried changing channels. I consider my self computer illiterate and i've read somewhere that it was an option, but i needed to Download a certain progam to find a non occupied channel, alllll this is after i figure out how to even operate the program. It looks complicating.

As far as the firmware, You'e basically saying what I originally posted. Nor you or my ISP currently have the updated firmware. TWC told me to wait on NETGEAR for the update, but now you're saying I need to wait on TWC to push out the update correct? I apologize if i sound frustrated.. Dont get me wrong i appreciate your reply. I just wish i didnt have this problem. Should i contact TWC and ask them to change the channel for me?

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Munski

That is correct when we make the firmware we then send it out to the ISP then they certify the firmware and make the changes they need to the firmware. After that the ISP will push out the firmware when they are ready to Netgear does not have control of when they want to release the firmware.  But I do know that they should be releasing the latest firmware for your device as I heard they are pushing it out over the next couple weeks. As for changing channels I have linked a article with steps on how to do this.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23783

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
tgurr9094
Aspirant

Was the C3000 firmware upgraded lately? I didn't personally upgrade it, but the connected devices page looks different so it may have upgraded itself.

If it was upgraded, were the mail server options upgraded to be able to change the port number?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tgurr9094

Here is article showing what firmware your modem is on based on ISP since they upgrade the firmware on all cable modems.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25477

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7