Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No replacement modem ever sent despite all............

designingpeople
Follower

No replacement modem ever sent despite all............

I'm not really sure what step to take next, but I'm not throwing 175$ out the window just spent 3 weeks ago at Netgear on this CM1000 modem. The modem arrived in what appeared to be workable condition, but unfortunately not once has it ever powered on, no matter the hours of troubleshooting that I did myself and with Netgear tech. support.  Finally support considered this "hardware failure", issued me a return RMA number/label to send back the defective modem first, then they confirmed they would then immediately send out the exact same product, no issues.

The problem being now that it has now been 3 weeks since I returned the defective modem via Netgear's RMA.  Furthermore, I called Netgear 4 days after shipping it back to confirm that they received the defective product and I was told indeed yes and that since I am a small nonprofit business dependent on such, that they would overnight me a replacement modem.  But yet, still to this day, no replacement modem has arrived. Now Netgear claims no receipt of the bad modem and are now sending me in circles, now trying to get out of having to send me a replacement product.

After 3 days of this nonsense, I decided that as of today I am not playing their games anymore.  My point in fact being is now, if I do not receive a new modem by this coming Monday, overnight shipment, then I want it to be known that I will be filing a Better Business Bureau and Attorney General complaint.  I have spent probably in excess of 20K on Netgear products over the past 20 years, so I find their refusal to send out a new 175$ new modem quite offensive.

So if a member of Netgear management, a Netgear hardware/community hardware expert reads this, I would like your insight as to what you suggest that I do.  But I am to my limit with being sent in circles with no satisfactory resolution.  And if anyone has had a similar issue as mine, I would like to know how you diverted the situation and got results.  I am attaching a screen shot of the exact "missing" modem to show positively which modem that I have.  It is Netgear's newest model, highest speed modem, which I have to have considering that I am running full AT&T GIG fiber internet.

Have a nice weekend folks, 

Erik

Screenshot_20170728-041145.png

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 2
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: No replacement modem ever sent despite all............

I am not from support team, but provide tracking # and RMA#. Let me ask some folks around. 

btw, this modem does not work with ATT. I assume you are buying this for XFINITY/Comcast. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7